On May 8 at 11:00am
I will be doing a book signing at Michele’s Place in Annapolis Mall, Md. I
thought I would be signing for my new book, Secrets
Unraveled, but unfortunately it will not be ready in time. Nevertheless, the
show must go on, and I will be signing my first two novels, Life is Never as It Seems and It’s Not Over Yet. If you’re in the area
please stop by and get your copies of the books. With the purchase of a book, you’ll receive
either a free numerology reading or angel reading. Additionally, I will be on BAP Blogtalkradio show Http://www.talkshoe.com/tc/18598 with hostess, Ananda Leeke, tonight,
May 5, at 8:30pm talking about writing, gratefulness, and my books. And boy am
I grateful, read the interview below.
J.J. Interview with Shunda Leigh of Booking Matters Magazine
What dreams have been
realized as a result of your writing? Any special memories that you would like to
share?
My childhood dream to be a writer has been realized. This is
what I am supposed to do, not only write, but also write spirituality or
metaphysical books. I believe that this is my life path. I remember the first
time I saw my book on the shelf of a large chain store. I was overcome with
joy. I flipped out my phone and took a picture of it. Then I called my daughter
and she informed me that she was at another store and found it on the shelf.
She also took a picture. I have since calmed down, but only after several
booksigning events.
What books have
influenced your life the most?
When I was fifteen I found a book at the public library that
changed my life for ever. It was a book on reincarnation called The Search for Bridey Murphy by Morey
Bernstein. At that time, I had no idea that I had unlocked a door to a wealth
of esoteric information that would set the course of my life. In fact, this was
just the beginning of the many synchronicities that occurred in my search for
spiritual truth. The second book is The Da Vinci Code, by Dan Brown. I traveled to Scotland and Paris to see some of the sacred sites that Brown
mentioned in the book. I am also a fan of James Patterson, Walter Mosley, Tananarive
Due, and Sidney Shelton. I like mysteries.
Is there anything you
find particularly challenging in your writing?
I write psychic fiction meaning one or two of my characters
have paranormal abilities that they demonstrate in the storyline. My challenge
is to make the character’s psychic experiences believable. I spend a great deal
of time in character development and strong plots. It is important to me that
the reader buys into the character and the plot.
How much of the novel
is realistic?
Although I write fiction, I tend to write from experience or
realistic events. I describe characters as if the action was really happening
so that the reader can identify with the situation that is taking place in the
storyline. At the same time, I strive to make the novel entertaining as well as
though-provoking.
Is there a message in
your novel that you want readers to grasp?
Most definitely! I want reader to become educated about metaphysics
and the occult without having to fear it. There are so many myths and
misinformation about these two subjects that keep people weary of them. I hope
to dispel these myths and show my readers that metaphysics and the paranormal
are a part of everyday life and one need not fear it. The main plot of my
stories may center on paranormal events, but they are also about everyday folks
leading normal lives.
Do you see writing as
a long-or short-term career?
I hope to write forever. It is more than a
career; it is my passion. As the years pass, I hope to grow as a writer and be
able to help others who have a desire to write and publish. I feel that one of
the major benefits of writing it that you leave a legacy—a history of who you
are

No comments:
Post a Comment