Dear Reader,
As
the years passed, I would work on the family history interviewing family
members, traveling to Virginia ,
the family place of origin, and storing bits and pieces of information
away in a notebook. The notebook grew. I always believed that one day I would
find out the truth; and even though years would pass. I never gave up the search in my mind. Then
something or someone would come along, and I would start again with as much
passion as I had in my earlier years.
I
do believe that The Creator sends you the right person to guide you to the next
step on the path, then like an angel he or she is gone. The visualization, the
passion, the perseverance, the faith and belief, all the things I have written
about to make dreams come true all paid off for me this snowy weekend. I had discovered the lost heritage months
ago, but it didn’t become real to me until I did what writers do, but pen to
paper. Surrounded by one huge notebook full of documents, census reports,
photos and newspaper clippings, I could connect all the dots (many years of
research) and compose a document for my family that will be something tangible
for them to have forever and pass down to the next generation.
Dreams do come true!
No comments:
Post a Comment