Google+ Followers

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

It's Not Enough to Dream, You Have to Take Action

Every journey has a beginning and ending. It's what you do between the start and finish that becomes your legacy. Most of us know our purpose in life. Usually, it's something we have a passion for, and nothing can replace that. Wherever you're on your journey one of the best things you can do is have an action plan to accomplish your goals. It's a powerful tool to get from point A to B.

Before devising your action plan, I recommend that you meditate as the first step. Meditation is not a fad, but a serious tool to help you get in touch with the creative genius within you. Michael Jackson, Albert Einstein, and Carl Jung are just a few who used meditation or quiet time to access their minds to create great works.

I designate quiet time, meaning no phones, computers, or anything or anyone who may distract me from going deep into my consciousness. Anywhere between ten to thirty minutes later I am writing down the thoughts that I received. For my latest book, Secrets and Serpents, I received the message listen to my inner voice for more guidance will be revealed. In a second meditation, I was told to blog about my writing experience as part of my spiritual journey.

Days later, Amazon announced that indie publishers and self-published authors could now do pre-orders for new releases, a privilege once allowed only for traditional publishers. The first major bullet on my action plan was to take advantage of this offer, and the second one was to blog like crazy.

That same day I found an invitation to a free webinar given by Matt Wolfe and Bradley Wills. The topic was learning to blog. http://learntoblog.com  I watched the webinar and learned a lot about the business of blogging. One of the books Matt mentioned was John Locke's book-How I Made 1 Million Selling eBooks. I had already read the book and knew Locke's recommendation to write a killer blog. I used it to launch Five Days of Darkness Book 1 of the Rankin Family series with my blog on psychic abilities and autism. I saw a bump in book sales.

The great thing about an action plan is you have something concrete to evaluate your progress in achieving your chief aim. Three weeks after writing the first blog (http://jjmichaelblog.blogspot.com/2014/09/quantum-jumping-to-bestseller-book.html) and launching the pre-order site for Secrets and Serpents, I evaluated the process. Secrets and Serpents made Amazon's Hot New Release list and the psychic bestseller list. Did the blog contribute to the success of the book? I like to think it helped. I had a few other promotional events going on at the same time. Nevertheless, the blog helped me to stay focus on my chief aim.

What do you do when you go from being at the top of the bestseller list to not being on it? Find out in next week's blog.

I would like to hear from you. Let me know if these articles are helping you and how your are doing to accomplish your chief aim.

Five Days of Darkness, the first book in the Rankin Family Series Click here
Secrets and Serpents Book 2 Click here

I appreciate your support and 10% of all book proceeds go to the Hydrocephalus Association in honor of my son, Antoine Aparicio (1984-2001).


No comments:

Post a Comment