Google+ Followers

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Proof of heaven by Dr. Eben Alexander Irritated Me and It's Not What You Think,




I just finished reading Proof of Heaven by Dr. Eben Alexander, a neurosurgeon who had a Near Death Experience (NDE) due to E.coli meningitis infection. He describes his out of body experience (OBE) while his body lay in a coma for several days. He remembered seeing human and animal faces, and at times some being grotesques. Dr. Eben called this area of his experience "The Gateway." In a number of my own meditations, I have seen faces. In fact, I thought the human faces were my past lives passing before me. He also saw orbs, which he believed were angels and finally his spirit guide, a beautiful young woman, who led him out of the gateway into the "Core" where God exists. Here he had conversations with God and learned a lot about the cosmic world.

By now I am saying to myself, "Where has this guy been?" Did he read books like, Talking to Heaven by James Van Praagh, Destiny of Souls by Michael Newton, PH.D, or Ruth Montgomery's Many Mansions, to name a few. Dr. Eben stated he was a physician and scientist and his perception about life was scientific and not spiritual. He had even listened to some of his patients and their families discuss spirituality, but he didn't give it any credence.

I had to stop reading the book because at this point I was irritated. Why was I so irritated I keep asking myself. His point of view wasn’t new to me. His soul was waking up to Truth and as a Truth maven I should be happy about his experience. Later that evening during my evening meditation I received clarity about my annoyance.  I was holding on to unresolved issues of my past experiences with neurosurgeons. A nurse once told me that neurosurgeons were the gods of the medical profession.

I had a history with them through the life of my son, Antoine, who was born with severe Hydrocephalus and Neurofibromatosis in 1984. Throughout his 16 years of life we spent many hours in the offices of neurosurgeons and operating rooms. So many times they told me my son would be a vegetable or wouldn't have a quality of life. He didn't have enough brain to function normally. What they didn't know that Dr. Eben discovered through his NDE that we have a consciousness that doesn't need the brain to exist and there is a spiritual world that is not governed by man-made scientific laws. Antoine was living according to his 6th sense. He was clairaudience, claircognizant, and clairsentient. My son was working on a higher level than their medical diagnosis. They presumed I was in denial about Antoine's condition. I wasn't; I lived with him and experienced his abilities. But of course, they didn't believe me. 

So, it's 2013 and I'm reading a book by a neurosurgeon who is telling his fellow colleagues-there's this big, vast spiritual world and that consciousness lives on when the brain shuts down. Thank you Dr. Eben for having the courage to share your "Awakening" with other medical professionals and scientists. Perhaps now they will listen. And thank you for helping me to resolve the issues I had with the gods of the medical profession. Your book is so needed.


No comments:

Post a Comment