Google+ Followers

Monday, January 16, 2012

Faith is Essential

My guest blogger, Josephine E. Pamphile wrote the following story for the Inner Insights Newsletter in 2002, which I'm reprinting because it has such a strong message about faith. 


One of my ongoing goals is to be spiritually well adjusted. Now, you may ask what exactly does that mean. Well, it merely means living a life that is consistent with what you believe in. This is not always as easy as it sounds. I have found, in my experience and in observing others, we often say that we have faith, then in the very next sentence we claim to be worried about something. Well you can't have faith and worry at the same time. Worry negates or cancels out faith. Fear likewise is a negation of faith.

When we are afraid of someone or some thing or are worried about an outcome, we are mobilizing a tremendous amount of mental, physical and emotional energy. That concentrated energy only intensifies the fear and the worry, causing a manifestation of the very thing we are worried about or afraid of.

The good news is that we need only redirect that energy to the spiritual realm with the faith and belief that right action will take place. Keep in mind though that right action is not always what we think. That's where faith comes in. We must be willing to accept what we do not understand at the moment. How many times have we had the experience where weeks or years later we were actually glad that the situation haven't worked out the way we initially wanted it to? One of my favorite saying is, "I can see to the end of the block, but God sees around the corner."

By strengthening my faith, I have been able to minimize stress, demonstrate abundance and see challenges as opportunities. Challenges have forced me to grow while strengthening and reinforcing my faith. The greatest demonstration of this was when I lost my husband, and suddenly found myself a "single parent head of household."  I felt as if my world and my dreams had completely crumbled.  Furthermore, all I had to my credit was a high school diploma and a few years of work experience in a clerical capacity. I decided that I needed a career and not a job in order to provide for myself and my daughter. So, I went about the business of enrolling in college to complete my undergraduate degree.

I was terrified but excited when I walked on to the campus. Everyday, I asked God to guide and provide for me and my daughter. I began each semester writing down the grades I wanted in each subject. Four years later, I graduated with a 3.8 GPA and was on my way to Columbia University for my Masters. Not in my wildest dreams did I ever dream that I would attend an Ivy League college. By the time, I finished my Masters, I was the Executive Director of a not-for-profit organization and my career was on its way.

When my expenses went up, my income went up too. Till this day, I can't explain how I paid for my college education and my daughter's. I honestly believed that since I was doing the right thing for the right reasons, God would work out the financial details. That's faith.

It's really not difficult to have faith. The issue is to have faith in God, not the almighty dollar, the organization you work for, someone outside of your, or the stock market. God is the source and supply for all things. This one stop shopping at its best. God works through all things and therefore can provide all things. It doesn't get any better than this. 

Josephine Pamphile has been a truthseeker and student of metaphysics for more than twenty-five years and has a Masters Degree in Organizational Psychology from Columbia University, New York.






No comments:

Post a Comment