Google+ Followers

Monday, July 11, 2011

Jack, the Giants and Crop Circles

My two granddaughters-SeDona and Siyah-spent the holiday week with me. When they first arrived, SeDona, the teenager, immediately gave me several kisses on my forehead—she’s already 5’9” and with her pink laptop in hand and earphones in her ears that were connected to her Smartphone she disappeared into her Mom’s old room. 

The youngest one Siyah, who informed me that at the ripe old age of 9, she was a pre-teen, and I could no longer call her little girl. Then she proceeded to interrogate me.
 
“I see you have posts all over the house. Does this mean you’re writing another book and will you put my name in it?

On a previous visit, I had explained to her that when I start writing a new book creative ideas flow from the stars, and I have to write them down before I forget them.

Siyah pulled a post off the refrigerator door and read it aloud. “Raphael Jack doesn't know beans about the six sense."

After a few seconds, she asked, "Grandma who is Raphael Jack?”  

“The name of the man whose story I’m going to write about.”

“His name is strange. Is he an angel?”

“No, little girl---sweetie, he's just an ordinary person like the rest of us. His name was given to me by my writing guides. They said it was important part of Jack’s story.”

Moving around the kitchen, she found another post on the napkin container. “I don't know this word.” She blurted out. 

“Spell it for me or try to sound it out.”

“Ni-bi-ru.” 

“Good, you pronounced it better than most adults.” I praised her.

“It says that Jack faces conflict from his encounter with the giants of Ni-bi-ru and learns how powerful humans are.”

I thought about what she had just read and realize that all my books have characters that possess paranormal abilities and I don’t mean they are vampires or werewolves.

 Lindy Lee in Life is Never as It Seems, It’s Not Over Yet and Secrets Unraveled series (http://amzn.to/omVjkk) developed into a gifted intuitive and healer after years of denial, due to her strict religious upbringing and pious family.

My readers always state that my characters are so real that they could easily identify with them. I grabbed my pen and a post and wrote: Jump back Jack.
 
At that time I had no idea how the phrase would fit into the story, but I knew from experience just put it on a post for now.

Siyah interrupted my thoughts.

“There aren’t any giants,” she said with such conviction.

“How about Jack and the Beanstalk and the Bible? There were giants in both stories, and they had to come from somewhere.”

“But that's make believe.”

“Do you mean the story or the Bible?” I asked her.

She just stared at me with her big brown eyes, and then reached across the kitchen table and pulled out a post from under a quartz crystal.

“This one only has two words on it--crop circles.”

“Ah, right now the book is like a puzzle, I’m still putting the pieces together. Some I’ll keep and others I’ll let go. But I do believe the Crop Circle Makers will definitely want me to share some information about them in the book. There’s so much mysteries about them.”

“When I grow up I want to read your book, because I want to find out what happens to Jack, the giants and the crop circles.”

“I can’t wait to find out either. And be sure to look for your name." I gave her a hug.

No comments:

Post a Comment