Google+ Followers

Monday, March 28, 2011

Limitless -Did My Brain Kick into 100%?

   

I went to see this movie for two reasons: I saw Bradley Cooper, the star, on one of those talk shows one morning and liked him, and it was about using 100% of your brain. I hoped this one was better than the Adjustment Bureau and sent the right message. I was in for a big surprise. The movie was better than the Adjustment Bureau, but it pushed a drug, all the time hiding behind the wonderful things we could do, if we just knew how to use 100% of our brains.

Edward Morra-a down and out writer-has a severe case of writer's block. But all of that changes when he runs into an old friend that gives him a drug,called NZT,the new LSD. Edward's life through a mix of animation and other cinematic tricks becomes a psychedelic trip for him and the movie audience. My brain kicked into a 100% just to follow the movie. I was ready to jump out of my seat when the movie slowed down and became quite boring, before resuming its fast pace near the end.

Did I like this movie? Yes and no. It was entertaining, but not what I thought it was going to be, a scientific and fantasy film about how we finally figured out how to access that junk DNA and brain power. Instead I got a Hollywood movie pushing a drug with all the side effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment