Google+ Followers

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Shake-up in the Astrology World

I’m not an astrologer, but many of my fellow numerologists are. Right now many of them are on the defensive because of the statement regarding an astrological pushback made by one of the astronomers of the Minnesota Planetarium Society. I love astrology, but my concern wasn’t so much about his statement, but more about the timing of it and its relationship to the Great Shift in Consciousness.  
In my previous blog on the Universal energy of 2011, I mentioned that this year is a 4 Universal year dealing with rules, laws and regulations, and the Master number 11 in 2011 will challenge set foundations. This was definitely one of those times. The Great Shift in consciousness shakes up old paradigms to bring awareness to situations and asks us to dig deep into our consciousness to see the real reality. It’s not about the outcome; it’s about awareness.  
On January 10, 2011, the Star Tribune of Minnesota reported that Paul Kunkle one of the astronomers of the Minnesota Planetarium stated that the Earth’s “wobble” had shifted the zodiac signs and astrologers should use the dates where the stars are currently aligned. (See zodiac Chart at end of the blog)  The wobble he is referring to is the precession of the earth’s axis as is moves around. It takes 26,000 years for it to go completely around.     
So who do you believe? Astrologers have defended the present day zodiac signs by explaining that Western astrology adheres to the tropical zodiac, which is fixed to seasons. It has been in place since Ptolemy of the second century.  However, the Eastern astrologers use the sidereal zodiac that is affixed to constellations. The astronomers are sayings they don’t care about relating the stars to human nature; they only report where the stars are in the sky. It seems as if we have the Law of Polarity kicking in: Western astrology vs. Eastern astrology and astrologers against astronomers. Perhaps this event occurred to make us aware of how rules can create separation consciousness instead of unity consciousness in humankind.
Originally, the ancient Babylonians had 13 constellations, but threw out Ophiuchus, the snake bearer. I wonder if they thought 13 was an unlucky number. Anyway, Ophiuchus is included in the new zodiac chart. It has been recorded in mythology that the snake bearer might be Imhoteph, a 27th century BCE Kemetic/Egyptian doctor, responsible for many medical discoveries. One who has Ophicuchus as his zodiac sign would do well in life and seek out higher education and mysticism.
My birthday is January 19th, and according to the new chart, I would now be on the cusp of Sagittarius and Capricorn, instead of Capricorn and Aquarius. At the end of the signs in the new chart, the days overlap because the signs don’t begin and end at midnight.  So, I would be a Sagittarian, with my rising sign Ophiuchus.
One argument states that if I was born a Capricorn, I should remain one. The other argument is that you should take on the sign of the new zodiac chart because of the earth axis changes. I’m going to let my astrologer friends figure this one out.
I’m a number person and my birth path is a 3. I don’t think that is going to change. That’s what I love about numerology, unless my mom tells me something different.
New Astrological Chart:
 Capricorn: Jan. 20-Feb. 16.
 Aquarius: Feb. 16-March 11.
Pisces: March 11-April 18.
Aries: April 18-May 13.
Taurus: May 13-June 21.
Gemini: June 21-July 20.
Cancer: July 20-Aug. 10.
Leo: Aug. 10-Sept. 16.
Virgo: Sept. 16-Oct. 30.
Libra: Oct. 30-Nov. 23.
Scorpio: Nov. 23-29.
Ophiuchus:* Nov. 29-Dec. 17.
Sagittarius: Dec. 17-Jan. 20.

No comments:

Post a Comment