Google+ Followers

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Seeker of Sacred Secrets


I don't know if you would call what I have "itchy feet" or maybe just plain curiosity. I call it my destiny. I can readily identify with Elizabeth Gilbert, the author of Eat, Pray, Love, except I wasn't going off because of needing a break from relationships. I need to relish that thrill I get when I unlock the answers to my questions regarding earth's mysteries. I want to walk upon the earth where thousands or maybe million of years ago, the gods walked and created monumental creations, left in time with hidden messages. Touching the stones of Stonehenge once again might jar my memories of lost knowledge. This time, I hope to explore the mysteries of the crop circles. Like others, I want to know who or what is able to create these intricate geometrical shapes within the blink of an eye? What cosmic messages are they trying to convey to us?  According to Andrew Colin, who coined the phrase in 1985, crop circles are circular areas of fattened plants of dramatic and intricate design, normally flattened in a spiraled fashion. The term was added to the Oxford English Dictionary in 1997. My first experience with crop circles and their geometries occurred not in a wheat field in the UK or in any other places they have appeared worldwide, but on the hood of my red car. They usually occurred after heavy morning dew or a light snow fall.  After a little research and a sketch of one of the shapes, I found myself climbing Machu Picchu in Peru and flying in a small twin engine plane over the Nazca Lines in the Peruvian coastal plain in 2005. Nazca Lines are a series of ancient geoglyphs. The shapes on my car were different. It wasn't until years later that I discovered they were very much like crop circles. They had the same geometric designs. Then it stopped just as suddenly as the drawings had started until last year. This time, I grabbed my camera and from my bedroom window I took a photo. It’s not the greatest photo, but you can clearly see the shapes.  While reading about crop circles in Synthia and Colin Andrews’ book, 2012: an Ancient Look at a Critical Time, I learned that I was not alone in the unusual way crop circles appear to you.
In 1994, the authors had a visit from an 87-year old Aztec Elder, named Tlakaelel and his guide. I thought it was interesting that his name and my name both end in “el” like the archangels’ name, meaning “One like God.”  While being driven across Mexico, Tlakaelel had a vision of a series of symbols in his head and heard the request: “Find the place of the last ceremonial dance.” With the help of the Andrews, in a most unusual way, he did find the ceremonial place under Silbury Hill in the UK where the crop circle he saw in his vision had recently materialized. I haven’t heard any voice telling me what to find, but the symbols on my car are firmly planted in my mind, as well as the ones I used to visualize many years ago, so I’m off to the UK and Silbury Hill as a seeker of the sacred secrets.






No comments:

Post a Comment