Google+ Followers

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Relationships Gone Wrong

This book is dedicated to my brother, Charles T

Lately, I have been receiving many calls and emails from readers requesting a prayer or inspirational thought to help them face not only the tough economic times but also inharmonious relationships that they often find themselves in. Financial foes only seem to put more strain on the relationship.  Their correspondence usually center on how they are being mistreated in a relationship by a spouse, lover, boss, parent, child, or friend. They want validation that they are okay and that there is something wrong with the other person. They hope that I will be able to reveal some hidden spiritual information that explains the behavior of the person who is causing them so much misery. They are shocked when I tell them that the reading will not focus on the other person, but on their own spiritual path. I explain that relationship challenges are wake up calls or messages from the universe telling us that we need to look at ourselves. Wherever we are in life is based on our belief system. We create our world. Holding on to false beliefs keeps us stuck in patterns that we continue to act out with others in our environment. Forgetting who we are (a Divine Child) and what we can do (use creative powers) is when life seems to go haywire.
The confusion in a relationship starts when we try to create someone else’s world based on our own beliefs and life lessons. We need to understand that every person has his own path to follow.  You can’t change the other person, but you can change your life and how you perceive and act in the environment. Remember your perception of life effects your emotions and biology. We only hurt ourselves when we keep trying to manipulate life instead of creating it. One of the things I recommend is getting quiet to stop the runaway thoughts in order to get in touch with and listen to your spirit. Here are two affirmations for relationship harmony that work for me:  
If I have hurt anyone, knowingly or unknowingly in thought, word or deed, I ask their forgiveness. If anyone has hurt me knowingly or unknowingly in thought, word or deed, I extend my forgiveness. Buddha Metta
I love me, I bless me, I forgive me, I set me free. I love you, I bless you, I forgive you, I set you free. JJ

No comments:

Post a Comment