Google+ Followers

Friday, May 7, 2010

Poetry Tribute to Mothers



A Mother's Love

To some love is just a word
To me it's a feeling
A feeling I get every time I look into your eyes
A feeling I get when I realize your my mom
A mom who loves, shares, A mom who inspires
Unconditionally
What's that?
That's love
A mother’s love, but only you would know
And me
You returned that love time and time again
Possibly to much, nevertheless you did
Thank-you
Thank-you for being there when I needed you most
For being my rock when I should have been yours
Thank-you for believing in me, even when I doubted myself
For being the one person I could trust
No matter what, no matter where
But most of all thank-you for being you-my mom
A mom I am so proud to claim
I love you
Now and forever
                                             Trevor Duggan
 

 
TO MY MOTHER


Because I feel that in the heavens above
The angels, whispering one to another,
Can find among their burning terms of love,
None so devotional as that of "Mother,"
Therefore by that dear name I have long called you,
You who are more than mother unto me,
And filled my heart of hearts, where death installed you,
In setting my Virginia's spirit free.
My mother -- my own mother, who died early,
Was but the mother of myself; but you
Are the mother to the one I loved so dearly,
And thus are dearer than the mother I knew
But that infinity with which my wife
Was dearer to my soul that its soul-life.
--Edgar Allan Poe (1809-1849) 

 
FOR MY MOTHER

Ernestine Lowery Moore
(1941-1983)

Copyright ã 2007 by K. Lowery Moore


Today and everyday I know you are smiling down on me
And I hope you are proud of the woman I’ve turned out to be
All that I’ve done and all that I do
Mama, is in the honor of you
You are the source of my strength to keep me striving for the best
I admired you so, you made motherhood seem effortless
Never complaining, putting your four children’s needs in front of your own
I just wish you were here to see how we’ve grown
All these years have been so hard without you here
Especially on Mother’s Day I just wish you could be near
Your picture hangs on my wall to soothe me when I’m sad
Plus your grandsons can see what a beautiful mother I had
But again, I know you’re in Heaven smiling down
I would just prefer to have you around
Mama, sometimes I need you especially when the world is not so friendly
But I always live by the values you’ve instilled in me
To always be strong and walk with my head held high
Carry myself like a lady and never be afraid to cry
To always have dignity and a sense of self respect
Because when all else fails, that’s all you have left
So mama as you can see your baby girl is okay
And in my heart you will always stay
 


St Theresa's Prayer
May today there be peace within.
May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith.
May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you.
May you be content knowing you are a child of God.
Let this presence settle into your bones, and allow our soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love. It is there for each and every one of us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment