Google+ Followers

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Join Me for These Book Events


On May 8 at 11:00am I will be doing a book signing at Michele’s Place in Annapolis Mall, Md. I thought I would be signing for my new book, Secrets Unraveled, but unfortunately it will not be ready in time. Nevertheless, the show must go on, and I will be signing my first two novels, Life is Never as It Seems and It’s Not Over Yet. If you’re in the area please stop by and get your copies of the books.  With the purchase of a book, you’ll receive either a free numerology reading or angel reading.  Additionally, I will be on BAP Blogtalkradio show Http://www.talkshoe.com/tc/18598 with hostess, Ananda Leeke, tonight, May 5, at 8:30pm talking about writing, gratefulness, and my books. And boy am I grateful, read the interview below.
J.J.  Interview  with Shunda Leigh of Booking Matters Magazine
 Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?
 Yes, I first started writing when I was nine years old. I loved to read and always wanted to write my own fiction stories. I remember going to the library and looking up publishers and their addresses and submitting my handwritten stories. I received my first reject letters at that tender age. Nevertheless, I didn’t give up my dream.
What dreams have been realized as a result of your writing? Any special memories that you would like to share?
My childhood dream to be a writer has been realized. This is what I am supposed to do, not only write, but also write spirituality or metaphysical books. I believe that this is my life path. I remember the first time I saw my book on the shelf of a large chain store. I was overcome with joy. I flipped out my phone and took a picture of it. Then I called my daughter and she informed me that she was at another store and found it on the shelf. She also took a picture. I have since calmed down, but only after several booksigning events.
What books have influenced your life the most?
When I was fifteen I found a book at the public library that changed my life for ever. It was a book on reincarnation called The Search for Bridey Murphy by Morey Bernstein. At that time, I had no idea that I had unlocked a door to a wealth of esoteric information that would set the course of my life. In fact, this was just the beginning of the many synchronicities that occurred in my search for spiritual truth. The second book is The Da Vinci Code, by Dan Brown. I traveled to Scotland and Paris to see some of the sacred sites that Brown mentioned in the book. I am also a fan of James Patterson, Walter Mosley, Tananarive Due, and Sidney Shelton. I like mysteries.
Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?
I write psychic fiction meaning one or two of my characters have paranormal abilities that they demonstrate in the storyline. My challenge is to make the character’s psychic experiences believable. I spend a great deal of time in character development and strong plots. It is important to me that the reader buys into the character and the plot.
How much of the novel is realistic?
Although I write fiction, I tend to write from experience or realistic events. I describe characters as if the action was really happening so that the reader can identify with the situation that is taking place in the storyline. At the same time, I strive to make the novel entertaining as well as though-provoking.
Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?
Most definitely! I want reader to become educated about metaphysics and the occult without having to fear it. There are so many myths and misinformation about these two subjects that keep people weary of them. I hope to dispel these myths and show my readers that metaphysics and the paranormal are a part of everyday life and one need not fear it. The main plot of my stories may center on paranormal events, but they are also about everyday folks leading normal lives.
Do you see writing as a long-or short-term career?
I hope to write forever. It is more than a career; it is my passion. As the years pass, I hope to grow as a writer and be able to help others who have a desire to write and publish. I feel that one of the major benefits of writing it that you leave a legacy—a history of who you are

No comments:

Post a Comment