Google+ Followers

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A Go Green Consciousness Commitment

I’m a firm believer that in order to make any changes in your life or the world you have to release old belief patterns and build a consciousness for the new ones. I knew that I hadn't embraced going green as much as I should have. Sure, I recycle, but only after my neighbors bugged the Management company of my complex to reinstate recycling. Then I decided to do an organic garden this spring and that changed everything. I started reading about gardening that led me to the Go Green Movement and Earth Day. I realized I was taking our natural resources for granted, and I'm not alone. So many of us are so caught up in our busy schedules, we do a little to help the environment, and some do nothing at all. I'm admitting my head was in the sand. But my eyes are now wide open, and I'm aware that as the world population expands there will not be sufficient resources, such as clean air, clean water, and adequate fuel sources and soil. I'm committed now to take the necessary action, and not just some of the time, but everyday to prevent future generations from having to experience a lack of resources. Here are a few things you can do to help the environment: 1.Don’t throw away old batteries, paint and other items that contain harmful chemicals. If these chemical leak into the ground of the landfill, they will affect the soil and water that we use for our food resources. 2.Recycling helps to protect our natural resources. 3.When the principles of electricity became understood in the mid-1800s, everyone’s life changed with the invention of the electric light bulb. Now those same electrical principles are the leading contributors to climate change and global warming. 4.Energy derived from wind power consumes no fuel. Buying renewable energy is one of the best contributions that you can make to the environment. Check out your light bulbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment