Google+ Followers

Monday, March 8, 2010

Interview with Intuitive Expert and Psychiatrist-Dr. Judith Orloff

You probably have heard a number of times the saying, “If you have your health, you have your wealth.” Of course, we know that’s true. You can’t live a quality life, if you are spending most of your time in doctor’s offices, hospitals, or a large portion of your money is going toward medical bills and medication. Having been one of those people who practically lived in hospitals, not for myself, but for my disabled son, I know from experience what it means to seek and practice alternative healing methods and combine them with traditional practices. I am fortunate to have as a guest, Dr. Judith Orloff MD, a psychiatrist and intuition expert. She is the author of the new book Second Sight (Three River Press 2010) and Emotional Freedom: Liberate Yourself From Negative Emotions and Transform Your Life (Harmony Books, 2009) Her other bestsellers are Positive Energy, Intuitive Healing, and Second Sight. Dr. Orloff synthesizes the pearls of traditional medicine with cutting edge knowledge of intuition, energy and spirituality. She passionately believes that the future of medicine involves integrating all this wisdom to achieve emotional freedom and total wellness. For more information visit www.drjudithorloff.com

What do you do as a medical intuitive? With patients and in workshops, I listen with my intellect and my intuition, a potent inner wisdom that goes beyond the literal. I experience it as a flash of insight, a gut feeling, a hunch, a dream. By blending intuition with orthodox medical knowledge I can offer my patients and workshop participants the best of both worlds.

When did you first know that you had this intuitive gift? I grew up in Beverly Hills the only daughter of two-physician parents with twenty-five physicians in my family. From age nine, I had dreams and intuitions that would come true. I could predict illness, earthquakes, even the suicide of one of my parent’s friends.

How did your parents react to your gift? This confused and alarmed me, as it did my parents who were entrenched in the hard-core rational world of science. At first they tried to write my intuitions off as coincidence. Finally, though, after I dreamed my mother’s mentor would lose a political election--which to my horror, came true--she took me aside and told me, “Never mention another dream or intuition in our house again!” I’ll never forget the look in my dear mother’s exasperated, frightened eyes, nothing I ever wanted to see again. So from that day on, I kept my intuitions to myself. I grew up ashamed of my abilities, sure there was something wrong with me.

In Second Sight you talk about a pivotal point in your young life, could you tell the reader what happened? In the sixties I got heavily involved with drugs in an attempt to block my intuitions out—not something I’m recommending to you! Following a nearly fatal car accident at age sixteen when I tumbled over a treacherous 1500 foot cliff in Malibu Canyon, my parents forced me to see a psychiatrist. This man was the first person who ever “saw” me--not who he wanted me to be, but who I was. He taught me to begin to value the gift of intuition, and referred me to Dr. Thelma Moss, an intuition researcher at the UCLA Neuropsychiatric Institute. She was to become my mentor and guide to developing my intuitive side.

Part II of Dr. Orloff's interview will be posted on 3/10/10.
March 10, 2010 7PM talk and Book signing

Second Sight Book Tour
Borders Books
1360 Westwood Blvd
West Los Angeles, CA
310-474-3444

March 12, 2010 7-9PM Talk and Book signing
Second Sight Book Tour
Awakening Second Sight
Seaside Center for Spiritual Living
Encinitis, CA (near San Diego)
http://www.seasidecenter.com/ <http://www.seasidecenter.com/>






No comments:

Post a Comment