Google+ Followers

Monday, March 15, 2010

Alice in Wonderland is it Really for Children?


I have been debating whether or not to go see the movie, Alice in Wonderland, in 3D. It might be too much stimuli for my brain and vision. I will probably go, because of all the metaphysical and philosophical thoughts in the book, Alice in Wonderland, by Lewis Carroll.

Carroll was very much a student of Greek Philosophy and embraced *Plato’s Theory of Form. Carroll believed in the existence of non-beings, which is a major theme in the book. In many of Alice’s dialogues with others, she is confronted with the existence of non-beings. For instance, the Cheshire cat’s grin continues to exist once the cat has disappeared. Carroll believed that the grin is just a Platonic Form-a nonmaterial being which has real existence.

You have heard the expression, if the walls could talk. Well, I don’t think walls can talk, but the energy that accumulates in those spaces can tell someone who is highly sensitive to energy a lot about the people and environment. The energy is still there until it is cleaned out. I seriously thought about this concept of nonmaterial beings having existence and knew from my own psychic experiences—yes it’s true.

I am still in awe that this is a children’s book. There are references to the *Pythagorean number theory. Carroll believed that a number is what gives a soul an identity. This makes perfect sense to me. Having done quite a few numerology charts, I can ascertain an individual’s life story from his birth number. Numbers come alive for me when I live in their world.

Carroll also believed that numbers and time are real entities. I have no problem accepting the concept that numbers are energy forms. As I mentioned I have worked with them enough to have seen some pretty amazing things. Now for time, my biggest problem is accepting it and understanding its nature. I’m, like most people, caught up in viewing time as how much I can get done and not as a nonmaterial being that I can work with. Alice in Wonderland teaches us that we have to look beyond the physical for the answers to the questions of life and reality. This requires taping into our intuition and imagination to learn from nonmaterial beings. I think I’m going to work with Father/Mother time as a non-material being and see what I can learn.

Now I’m sounding like Lewis Carroll, so I better check out the movie time at my local theater. Although in this present movie, Alice is now 19 years old, I’m wondering what Hollywood has done to this classic.

*Plato’s Theory of Form or Ideas asserts that non-material abstract-- but substantial or ideas, and not the material world of change known to us through sensation-- possesses the highest and most fundamental kind of reality.

*Pythagorean Number Theory-All is number. All things of the universe have a numerical attribute that uniquely describes them.

No comments:

Post a Comment