As I honor African Americans for their outstanding contributions to the world this month, I thought this would be a good time to mention those who have made their wealth through their creative endeavors.
Reading the biographies of the top five riches African Americans on the Forbes list of the Wealthiest Black Americans-- Oprah, Tiger Wood, Michael Jordan, Earvin “Magic” Johnson and Robert Johnson-- I knew instantly they had built a prosperity consciousness that would weather the difficult economic conditions of today. Somewhere along the life journeys of the above five people, they discovered who they really were—heir to the Kingdom of the Creator.
Furthermore, as apparent heirs, they knew they were gifted with the ability to create whatever they desire in this world against all odds. They not only built a prosperity consciousness, but they also maintain it.
In my eBook, Path to Truth, I list 25 principles derived from the spiritual laws. Principle #13 states: It is our birthright to be physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually prosperous.
In order to build your own prosperity consciousness the first step in consciousness work is to look at your belief system. To help you through this process, answer the following questions:
What do you believe?
- Do you believe that your personal welfare depends on whether or not God is going to give or not give you the money, job, house, promotion, ear, etc., that you asked for?
- Do you believe that you’re only successful if you make a certain amount of money?
- Do you believe that the world economy affects your income?
- Do you believe that if you were to become independently wealthy you would not be happy?
- Do you believe that you cannot get what you want because you belong to a minority group, or because you are short, fat or not pretty enough?
- Do you believe that your spouse, boss, children, or the government is blocking your flow of good to you?
- Do you believe that money is the root al all evil?
- Do you believe that there is not enough money and time to go around?
- Do you believe that you will be happy if you get all the material things that you desire?
10.Do you believe that some people are wealthy because they are lucky?
There are three distinct financial belief clubs in this world—the Haves, the Have Nots and the Inbetweens that determine financial status:
Next blog: The Financial Belief Clubs