Whether you get the flu shot or not you, need to read this: Tips to avoid getting H1N1. I received the following via email and I'm sharing it here.
Although I am very much into energetic medicine and spiritual healing, I believe there are things we should do on the physical plane to support our life force energy. The following tips to avoid getting H1N1 are credited to Dr. Vinay Goyal,MBBS, DRm, DNB (Intensivist and Thyroid specialist) having clinical experience of over 20 years. Presently, he is heading the Nuclear Medicine Department and Thyroid Clinic at Riddhivinayak Cardiac and Critical Centre, Malad (W).
The only portals of entry are the nostrils and mouth/throat. In a global epidemic of this nature, it's almost impossible to avoid coming into contact with H1N1 infection, in spite of all precautions. Contact with H1N1 is not so much of a problem as proliferation is.
While you're still healthy and not showing any symptoms of H1N1 infection, in order to prevent proliferation, aggravation of symptoms and development of secondary infections, some very simple steps, not fully highlighted in most official communications, can be practiced (instead of focusing on how to stock N95 or Tamiflu):
2. Hands-off-the-face" approach. Resist all temptations to touch any part of face.
3. Gargle twice a day with warm salt water (use Listerine if you don't trust salt). H1N1 takes 2-3 days after initial infection in the throat/nasal cavity to proliferate and show symptoms. Simple gargling prevents proliferation.
4. Similar to 3 above, clean your nostrils at least once everyday with warm salt water.
5. Boost your natural immunity with foods that are rich in vitamin c or vitamin c supplement tablets (make sure that it also has Zinc to boost absorption.)
6. Drink as much of warm liquids, (tea, coffee,etc.) as you can. Drinking warm liquids washes off proliferating viruses from the throat into the stomach where they cannot survive, proliferate or do any harm.