Google+ Followers

Monday, November 30, 2009

Movie--2012


I finally got around to seeing the movie 2012.  Sitting in the theater waiting for the movie to start, I pulled out my iPod touch and made short notes of all the things I knew was going to be wrong about this movie. 
For one, Hollywood had probably sensationalized the Mayan’s prediction regarding the end of a great cosmic year. I anticipated there would be many fear based scenes to frighten everyone that the end of the world was coming on December 21, 2012. I was ready to write a critical review about the movie. 
Two hours later, I left the theater feeling much better than when I entered. I enjoyed the film. I got caught up in the technology, suspense, and fast-pace action. It was a doomsday film, but not heavily fearful or emotional. Maybe because Hollywood has made a number of these end of the world movies in the last couple of years. In fact, 2012 mirrors The Day After Tomorrow, starting Dennis Quaid. 2012 also used the scene where the airplane is full of cars and the main cast jumps into one of the cars and drives out of the back of the plane just before it crashes on a mountain top. I think they got that one from one of the James Bonds’ movies.  
 Well, I don’t want to tell you too much more about it, except to say they did explain the prophecies very well. If you have seen Quaid’s movies or any other end of the world films then don’t bother about going to see 2012. Wait until it comes out on DVD.   



No comments:

Post a Comment